Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) are the continuing education credits created by the DoD and adopted by OFPP to support the certification and training around Federal acquisition. CLPs are equal to one hour of continuing education coursework relatable to the Federal Acquisition Certification (FAC) guidelines.
ACT-IAC does not directly issue CLPs. However, many ACT-IAC events and activities such as conferences, SIGs, Program Events, and some volunteer and leadership positions, that are relatable to FAC topics, would qualify for CLPs. CLPs can be earned through the following topic areas:
- Awareness Training (any presentation on a policy or FAR topic)
- Learning Modules & Training Courses
- Self-Directed Study
- Participating in Organization Management
- Attending, speaking, or presenting at professional seminars, Symposiums or Conferences
- Participating in Workshops
For CLPs, ACT-IAC members are advised to coordinate their ACT-IAC activities with their supervisors to maximize their CLP opportunities. The conversion of CEUs to CLPs is not direct but helps provide the supervisors with a measurable equivalent.
For additional informaiton on FAC-C, FAC-COTR and FAC-P/PM CLP requirements please visit the Federal Aquisition Institute website at www.fai.gov.