Membership in the American Council for Technology community is free of charge and open to any full-time government employee.
Benefits of Membership
Government employees who participate in ACT enjoy the following benefits:
- An objective and ethical forum for collaborating with government and industry peers.
- A forum that provides the opportunity to move beyond organizational silos and collaborate with the entire IT community.
- Education and training opportunities.
- Current information on IT trends, best practices and emerging technologies.
- The ability to share information about issues, strategies and solutions.
- Opportunities to acquire insights into industry capabilities and provide guidance to help Industry develop solutions that are of value to government.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Access to awards programs that recognize excellence in government programs that use information technology resources.
- The opportunity to build relationships with government and industry peers built upon trust and integrity.
Major ACT Activities
ACT provides programs and services tailored to the government's needs. Examples of current activities include:
- Development of an annual Strategic Agenda of Government IT Issues
- Collaborative opportunities where government and industry can work together on high priority IT issues: Examples of such collaboration include:
- The Management of Change Conference and Executive Leadership Conference.
- Publication of white papers and advice on key topics.
- Special projects undertaken at the request of the government on issues such as cloud computing.
- Providing information, advice and assistance to government executives through the production of white papers and analyses.
- Assisting the Federal CIO Council by providing information and collaborative forums on major issues.
- Education and training on hot topics through webinars and presentations.
- Connecting government needs with capable small businesses through an annual Small Business Conference.
- Recognizing excellence in government IT programs through the Excellence.gov Awards.
- Enhancing the professional development of government employees through the Partners and Voyagers programs and through leadership opportunities..
For more information on how ACT can be of benefit to you and your organization, contact Don Arnold.