"Top 5" Excellence.Gov Winners for 2008 (in alphabetical order):
Business Gateway Initiative, U.S. Small Business Administration
Business.gov is the official business link to the U.S. Government. Business.gov is managed by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) in a partnership with 21 federal agencies known as the Business Gateway Initiative. Business.gov provides a single access point to government services and information to help the nation's businesses.
Distributed Learning System, Department of the Army, Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS)
The Distributed Learning System (DLS) is the Army's world-wide web-based training delivery system available anytime, anywhere. It consists of Digital Training Facilities, Enterprise Management Center, Army Learning Management System, Army e-Learning, and a Deployed Digital Training Campus under development.
Enterprise Income Verification System, Department of Housing and Urban Development
Enterprise Income Verification is HUD’s intergovernmental data-sharing innovation that reuses data from SSA’s and HHS’s databases to establish a computer-matching program that provides income and social security benefits information for over 4 million low-income households to qualify for HUD’s housing assistance programs. To date, it has resulted in a reduction of 73% of overpayments to non-qualified tenants amounting to $714 million.
Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care, Department of the Army
Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care (MC4) integrates, fields and supports a medical information management system for Army tactical medical forces, enabling a comprehensive, lifelong electronic medical record for all Service members, and enhancing medical situational awareness for operational commanders. MC4 has helped capture 5 million electronic health records on the battlefield.
USA Services, General Services Administration
USA Services provides seamless access to government information and services, integrating all delivery channels to citizens. It offers nine public websites (including USA.gov), a national contact center at 1-800-FEDINFO, training in government web content management and web-based tools for content managers, a distribution center for government publications, and intergovernmental leadership.
“Top 20” Excellence.Gov Award Finalists for 2008 (in alphabetical order):
1. Business Gateway Initiative, U.S. Small Business Administration
2. Business Services Online, Social Security Administration
3. Business Systems Modernization, Defense Logistics Agency
4. Compliance Data Warehouse, Internal Revenue Service
5. Computer Telephony Integration and Interactive Voice Response System Enhancements at 1-800 MEDICARE, Department of Health and Human Services
6. Cyber Defense Technology Experimental Research Project, Department of Homeland Security
7. Disaster Credit Management System, U.S. Small Business Administration
8. Distributed Learning System, Department of the Army, Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS)
9. eAuthentication Service, Department of Agriculture
10. Enterprise Human Resources Integration, Office of Personnel Management
11. Enterprise Income Verification System, Department of Housing and Urban Development
12. Enterprise Virtualization and Consolidation, Defense Contract Management Agency
13. Excellence in Improved Organizational Performance in Support of NATO and Coalition Logistics Operations, Department of the Army
14. Information Collection Request, Review and Approval System, Department of Health and Human Services
15. IT Help Desk Consolidation, Federal Aviation Administration
16. Maintenance Figure of Merit, Department of
17. Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care, Department of the Army
18. Shipping Assistant, United States Postal Service
19. USA Services, General Services Administration
20. yK1 Link Analysis, Internal Revenue Service