MOC 2012 – The Coming Clouds of Change – which focuses on security and mobility of the future Government Information Technology Environment is currently in the planning stages. As part of an effort to provide advice and information about IT beyond 2012, the conference will focus on “new” technologies and stage a Technology Expo showcasing a few solutions.
The types of solutions we are seeking are those that may only now be in a pilot or beta version test within Government. These technologies might also be only in the commercial sectors supporting new methods or new processes.
- The primary goal of the Technology Expo is to identify and bring new technologies to Government and Industry related to Coming Change.
If you have a new technology or technological solution not yet implemented across the Federal Sector that you can demonstrate and would like to demonstrate at this year’s MOC, please submit your solution using the MOC Tech Expo Submission System. You will be given an opportunity to provide a description of the product and your ability and willingness to showcase it for the MOC 2012 attendees.
Qualified Technologies will be considered for showcase based on the following qualifiers:
- Impact on collaboration or engagement
- Efficiency/effectiveness related to enhancing speed/productivity, and labor/other costs
- Innovation or creativity
- Private sector ROI and usefulness
- Impact of innovative solution on reducing operational government cost and what the potential results to the government would be
- Visual impact
- Newness to the Federal Space (implemented as a pilot or beta version or only one agency in Feb 2012)
Parameters for participation in Tech Expo are;
- Ability and interest to attend and demo a solution
- Ability to provide an innovative technology solution
- Ability to provide a handout/presentation (show something other than a concept paper)
- Ability to pay the vendor expo fee
The MOC Tech Expo Submission System will be open until close of business on February 22, 2012 to access it please click here. We look forward to your submissions. Please be sure to sign into the ACT-IAC account before you submit. We look forward to your submissions. Please contact MOCProgramCommittee@actgov.org with any questions.
Maria Horton and Angela Miller