2013 Small Business Conference
Connect, Collaborate, Commit
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Grand Hyatt Washington
- In a time when information technology and a mobile society have captivated our personal and business environments, it is not unusual to find small businesses at the brink of creative innovations. The 7th Annual SBC will capture that innovative spirit, making the Connection a reality; establishing a platform for Collaboration, where we are working together to achieve a common goal; and institutionalize a level of Commitment.
Full SBC Agenda
- SBC 2013 Plenary Events will focus on:
- Opening Welcome: Fueling the Economic Engine - SBA in Action
John Shoraka, Associate Administrator of Government Contracting and Business Development, U.S. Small Business Administration
- White House Update: Spotlight on Small Business
Joe Jordan, Administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP), Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
- Smackdown II: Wrestling with the Tough Issues
- CXO Panel: Thriving in an Era of Change
- SBC 2013 Breakout Sessions will focus on:
- Session 1: Keeping It Real: What is Fair and Reasonable Pricing?
- Session 2: Beyond the Capabilities Pitch, RFI and E-blast: Isn't There a Better Way to Market?
- Session 3: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You: How Do New Regulations Impact Small Business?
- Session 4: Winning Isn't Everything: What Customer Service Techniques Drive Success?
- SBC 2013 Government Agency Workshop sessions:
- Enable teams from 12 Government agencies to discuss specific objectives the agency is looking to accomplish and how Small Businesses can help them achieve these goals.
- The Agency’s representatives will include members from the following offices:
- Chief Information Office
- Contracting and/or Procurement
- Programs or Projects, and
Each individual Agency will support two 60-minute panel discussions, with a Q&A period
Will each address specific questions
- Location: Grand Hyatt, Washington, DC
- 1000 H Street NW Washington, DC
- Vice Chair:
- Start the conversation: #SBC2013
- SBC 2013 Sponsorship Opportunities are Available - Contact Judy Fry for details at email@example.com.
Questions regarding the conference can be directed to
Radell Peischler, Manager of Conferences and Events, ACT-IAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.