This is draft outline of the Cloud event currently being planned. Please provide you feedback on this discussion thread no later than COB January 29th 2010.
Cloud Computing Past, Present, and Future. There has been a lot of discussion around cloud computing in last one year. This ACT-IAC Cloud Computing Event will facilitate a dialogue between government and industry executives to look at the past achievements, current challenges, and future opportunities.
- Opening Address - Federal CTO – Aneesh Chopra or Federal CIO – Vivek Kundra
Technology and Policy Achievements of 2009 and Looking Ahead in 2010 and Beyond
- Key Note Address – National Cyber Security Coordinator – Howard A. Schmidt
Cyber Security Policy and Implementation - Challenges and Opportunities
· Discuss how cyber security challenges are linked to national security issues
· Overview and current state of Cyber Security Policy Review findings and how recommendations are being implemented
· How recommendations could be successfully adopted within the federal IT
· The impact of recommendations adoption on National Security and American competitiveness
· Cyber security 2.0 (What’s next?)
· Cyber Security and Cloud Computing
Panel : Early Cloud Computing Adoption in Government : Lessons Learned on Collaboration, Security, Risks, Challenges, and Innovation.
The panel will comprise of representation from government and Industry (early adopters) that have adopted Cloud Computing in a certain capacity. The panelist will discuss their lessons learned from different perspectives.
Presentation 1 – Challenges and issues around adopting and implementing of secure Cloud Computing Architecture in Federal government – Information Security and Privacy SIG
Potential Speakers – GSA CIO Case Coleman
Presentation 2 – Cloud Computing and Federal Enterprise Architecture - Lessons Learned and Looking Ahead – Enterprise Architecture SIG
Potential – OMB Federal Enterprise Architect Kshemndra Paul
Presentation 3 – Emerging Trends and Innovation for electronic health records for Veterans Leveraging Cloud – Emerging Technology SIG
Potential – Dept. of VA - Deputy CIO for Enterprise Development Dr. Paul Tibbits
Presentation 4 – Interoperability and Communication across Clouds - Lessons Learned and Looking Ahead – Networks and Telecom SIG
Potential – Open